Blorgchive

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Dubstep Rating System



I hate dubstep. Well, generally. But recently I heard <this> track, and I thought, "Hmm, it actually pays lip service to the genre's distant Reggae roots, it has a rhythm to it, and it's on the Breaking Bad soundtrack... I'll give it a pass.

Then I caught wind that praising Knife Party as quality dubstep is actually frowned upon by most whomp-head purists.

So I created the following rating system and gave it the highest score of Yellow.


I'd say about 10% falls into the top category, with 30% in the very lowest rank and the remaining majority being just "typical." It's kinda like the DHS's Terror Alert scale in reverse. And with no green or blue levels, because we're talking about dubstep here, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment